Muharram 1445 Update
Muharram Ashra Schedule
The Ladies majalis for Muharram Ashra 1445 will be recited by Zakera Farhana Shakeel
Time: 6:15 PM
Sponsoring Tabarruk: Please contact Sr. Subia Rizvi [202-534-2879] or Sr. Mumtaz Amir [443-745-4397] to sponsor tabarruk at the ladies majalis
Reciting Salaam/Marsiya/Nauha: Please contact Sr. Mumtaz Amir [443-745-4397] to read salaam, marsiya, or nauha during the first 12 days
The English majalis for Muharram Ashra 1445 will be recited by Sayed Mehdi al-Qazwini
Time: 7:15 PM
Sponsoring Tabarruk: please contact Br. Amjad Sabir [240-672-7283] or Sr.Masoomeh Shirazie [443-632-5632]
The Urdu majalis for Muharram Ashra 1445 will be recited by Dr. Salman Turabi
Time: 9:00 PM
Reciting Salaam/Marsiya/Nauha: To recite soz/salaam/marsiya/nauha during the Urdu majalis in the first 12 days of Muharram, please contact
– Br. Asad Isfahani [240-751-0397]
– Br. Mohsin Qayem Hussain [301-318-9571]
– Br. Ali Abbas Abedi [301-346-2670]
4:30 AM – Adhaan | Fajr | Majlis-e-Adhan Hazrat Ali al-Akbar (as)
8:30 AM – Ladies Majlis
10:00 AM – Amaal – Led by Sayed Mahdi al-Qazwini
11:15 AM – Soz | Salaam | Marsiya – English & Urdu
12:00 PM – English Majlis (Maqtal) – Sayed Mahdi al-Qazwini| Mataam
1:13 PM – Dhuhr/Asr – Led by Sayed Mahdi al-Qazwini
1:45 PM – Urdu Majlis | Juloos | Mataam
4:30 PM – Graveyard Majlis – Recited by Sayed Mahdi al-Qazwini
8:40 PM – Maghreb/Isha – Led by Sayed Mahdi al-Qazwini
9:00 PM – Shaam-e-Ghariban Majlis – Urdu Only
Ladies Majlis: 6:30 PM
Ladies: 6:15 PM
English: 7:15 PM
Urdu: 9:00 PM
Dr. Mehdi Hasan 410-905-2271
Br. Syed Jafar Rizvi 301-641-4203
Br. Amjad Sabir 240-672-7283
Sr.Masoomeh Shirazie 443-632-5632
Br. Ali Abbas Abedi 301-346-2670
Br. Qayem Hussain (Mohsin) 301-318-9571
To check the availability and reserve the ladies hall for all post Ashura ladies majalis, please contact Sr. Aziza Talajawala at 443-756-5000
- Please keep an eye on your children and make sure they are next to you at all times.
- Please refrain from talking during the programs.
- Young children will not be allowed to carry chai for their safety.
- Tents will be setup for both men and women. Please use the tents for drinking chai and eating tabarruk.
- Please cooperate with all volunteers; especially the crowd control & parking teams.
- Please do not congregate or socialize inside the halls.
- Please note-during English Majlis men will not have access to Zareeh.
- Basketball Court and Playground will not be available for the first 12 days of Muharram.
- Multipurpose room is available for mothers with young children, unsupervised children will be asked to return to the main hall.
- The nursing room is available for nursing mothers ONLY. Please exit the room once you’re done feeding so it is available for others. No food or drinks in the nursing room.
- Separate mens’ & ladies’ tents are available for eating/drinking chai/feeding children.
- Lower level is available for ladies overflow, please let a volunteer know if you need assistance accessing the entrance.
Important Information to Note:
- Jamaat salaat will start promptly at 8:40pm, please perform wudhu ahead of time.
- The English and Urdu majalis will be streamed daily on the Idara’s official YouTube channel: tinyurl.com/
- Please make every effort to arrive on time so as to not disrupt the majlis.